|Category||» Cables & Adapters / HDMI / XBOX 360 / Sony® PS3 / PC Accessories / Cables & Adapters / Cables & Adapters / Cables & Adapters|
The best converter on the market! It upgrades any TV or projector by adding HDMI! Watch hi-def at up to FULL HD 1080p resolution!
>> Read HDFury3 Reviews & Spotlights
Designed by and for home theater videophiles!
Works with any display that accepts either Component (YPbPr/YCbCr) or RGB/VGA.
HDCP = High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. Used on digital video conections (like VGA adapters, HDMI etc). If your video devices are not HDCP compatible or you do not have hdmi/ditgital input on your dispaly you may get error and not be able to see anything. Common problems are with PS3 or BlueRay movies and non HDCP compatible devices. This also protects recording of digital video content. All those problems will be gone using HDFury!
No HDMI? No problem!
The HDfury3 upgrades any TV or projector by adding HDMI! Works with any display that accepts either Component ((YPbPr/YCbCr) or RGB/VGA! Dont be stuck watching Blu-ray, DVD, Satellite/Cable at only 480p! Add an HDfury3 and watch hi-def at up to FULL HD 1080p resolution!
HDfury3 is the worlds most powerful HDCP deciphering converter ever built! Introducing new features such as two HDMI 1.3 inputs with Deep ColourTM support and auto/manual switching, 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS sound, perfect image centering in both component and RGB modes, output resolution limiting, and user customizable options via DIP switches!
Why do I need HDfury3?
How old is your HDTV or projector? If it was bought before 2005 it does not have an HDMI input. This means that youll never be able to use the full potential of your expensive projector, plasma display, or PC screen with new sources like the PS3, Xbox360, Blu-ray players, Cable TV / Satellite boxes, or PC graphics cards at up to 1080p FULLHD resolution.
Without an HDMI input your display will be limited to 480p in most cases - thats only 1/6th the resolution of 1080p FULLHD! You need HDfury3 to unlock the full potential of your display! Why buy an expensive new HDTV when your existing one works perfectly well? Enhance your displays compatibly and value with HDfury3!
The HDfury3 delivers a razor sharp picture with unprecedented colour from HDMI sources, supporting all resolutions up to 1080p FULL HD. The picture quality improvement when using HDfury3 is immediately obvious, providing an amazingly clear and detailed picture!
> Cant I use the component output on my Blu-ray player and other devices?
> No. Not without severe limitations:
* Blu-ray, HD DVD, and DVD players (as well as the Xbox360 and PS3) will not upscale standard DVDs to 1080p over analog outputs. They are limited to 480p output only. The HDfury3 overcomes this limitation.
* If the Image Constraint Token (copy protection) is enabled on Blu-ray or HD DVD discs reduces resolution from 1080p to 540p (1/5th the resolution) over analog outputs. The HDfury3 overcomes this limitation.
* And most importantly: The image quality is significantly worse over analog outputs. The HDfury3 overcomes this limitation.
HDfury3 is what you need to to add digital HDMI 1.3 to your TV to bring it into the next generation and provide the best image quality possible!
Will HDfury3 work for me?
1. Does your display support at least one of the following resolutions: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p?
2. Does it have a Component or RGB (PC/VGA) input connector? (some examples shown below)
(a component cable is included in all our kits)
RGB VGA style Input
(Choose the BLUE cable)
RGB 5-BNC input
(Choose the GREEN cable)
If you answer YES to both questions then HDfury3 will work for you!
HDfury3 main features:
* 2x HDMI 1.3 input with Deep Colour support (Manual or Auto switch mode available, user selectable)
* Component (YPbPr/YCbCr) and VGA (RGBHV) video output
* Sound output in both Analog and Digital Optical (S/PDIF 5.1 Dolby/DTS) through an innovative 3.5mm combo jack
* 4x EDID banks (2 per channel)
* Built-in user selectable output resolution limit settings
* Customisation settings available through DIP SWITCH
* Perfectly and automatically center image in all standard NTSC/PAL component modes
* Manually adjust horizontal screen position in all NTSC/PAL RGBHV modes
* Performs Colour Depth Upscaling in all modes (ON/OFF user selectable)
* Sync Polarity Inverter included
* Automatic SD/HD color-space selection
* Accept third party accessories on its output
* Improved output cable driver for driving long cable runs (40-50)
* Software upgradeable
* Input: 2 x HDMI v1.3 (DVI 1.0 compatible)
o Switch: Auto / PortA / PortB
* 10-bit deep color HDMI native support
* Output: VGA FEMALE output connector, 10 bit analog resolution.
* HDCP supported (Integrated HDCP decipher engine, Pre-programmed HDCP key)
* Horizontal shift capability for RGB output mode
o Enabled with a dip-switch, applied with push-buttons
* Output sync polarity selector for RGB modes (dip switch)
* Output format: Either RGB or YPbPr, dip-switch selectable
o YPbPr requires VGA->3RCA breakout cable
* All HD/SDTV formats from 1080p down to 480i, NTSC and PAL
o Including 1080p @ 72Hz PAL and NTSC (for RGB output only)
o Including 1080p @ 24Hz PAL and NTSC
* 11-bit 225MHz DAC processing (for true 10-bit analog output)
* Two separate Internal EDID EEPROM with complete CEA861 extension block
o Dip-switch selectable
o One EDID supports all formats
o The other EDID is up to 1080i, and no 24Hz support (by default, reprogrammable)
* Automatic Input Format Detection: Digital YCbCr and RGB
* Full BTB and WTW support in YPbPb output
* Automatically switches color-spaces for both HDTV and SDTV
* Precise black levels - no black crush in any standard mode
* Dual purpose audio output connector
o SPDIF digital output for 5.1 Dolby/DTS
o Analog L/R 2-channel stereo
* Industry-Standard Compliance
o HDMI 1.3
o DVI 1.0
o HDCP 1.1
* Digital Video Input / Output
o Dual integrated HDMI 1.3 cores
o Supports DTV resolutions up to 1080p @ 72Hz or 720p/1080i @ 120Hz with 36-bit color depth.
o Flexible digital video interface:
- 24/30/36-bit RGB/YCbCr 4:4:4
- 16/20/24-bit YCbCr 4:2:2
- 8/10/12-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 (ITU-R BT.656)
* Integrated RGB Color Space Converter for both RGB-to-YCbCr and YCbCr-to-RGB (both 601 and 709) with true 12-bit accurate data using 14-bit processing
* 4:2:2 <> 4:4:4 converter with 12-bit accurate data using 14-bit processing
* Digital Audio Output
o Industry-standard S/PDIF output
o Supports 2-channel 32-192kHz stereo audio
o Supports IEC60958 2-channel PCM
o Capable of passing IEC61937 compressed audio (5.1 Dolby® Digital, DTS, etc.)
Differences compared to older HD Fury:
The difference between HDfury2 and HDfury3 in YUV is nearly impossible to see, in RGB it can depends of the use. HDfury3 will perform better for custom resolutions. However, more than PQ, its especially features and compatibility that was targeted.
Solving the LEFT SHIFT issue in RGB without need of external box (for EURO customers mainly).
Adding Sync inverter (Barco owners mainly), multiple EDID to limit the output resolution. (STB with auto detect and display that are not 1080p capable).
All those should solve many issues we heard about from HDfury1/HDFury2 and make the setup/installation and use hassle free and straight forward.
More about the differances:
For the HDfury3, the component features from HDfury2 were kept while the RGB and audio output were completely re-worked and improved. We are now extremely proud to announce that the LEFT SHIFT issue in RGB mode is NO MORE! The HDfury3 allows users to shift the picture LEFT/RIGHT at will through push buttons.
The colour depth upscaling feature is now also user selectable (ON/OFF via DIP switch). The HDfury3 also features 4 customizable EDID banks, two of which may be used to limit the output resolution to 1080i out of the box (again via DIP switches). A very useful feature for anyone with a display that supports 1080i but not 1080p and has sources that do not offer manual setting of the output resolution.
Also included are two HDMI 1.3 inputs with Deep Colour support and MANUAL or AUTO switching. Owners of fussy RGB displays will also be happy to learn that the H/V syncs may also now be force to either positive or negative via DIP switch.
The RGB pixelclock bandwidth is greatly improved with 225Mhz support (1080p/72 is now perfectly resolved)!
The higher bandwidth of the HDfury3 also allows it to run much cooler than the HDfury2.
If you want to record from your digital tv-box or any digital HDMI DHCP encrypted signal you have those options:
1. Output VGA, and use a VGA capture card.
2. Output Component and use a component capture card.
3. Output DVI-D and use Hauppauge Colossus capture card.
There is no way he can record the HDMI input -> HDMI output, because the HDMI output is HDCP encrypted, otherwise HD Fury will not work to add 3D to the already existing HDMI TV lacking of 3D, nor with any HDMI screen.
HDCP is removed on VGA, COMPONENT and DVI-D. This is enough to record the signal.
The only way to capture DIGITAL (vs ANALOG) is to use DVI-D output and
Hauppauge colossus, in that configuration you also need Dr.HDMI.
Capturing Analog can be done with mostly any capture card on the market.
Black magic, Avermedia, Hauppauge, etc..
|Compatibility||GOOD(Issues with some devices such as HDMI receivers & switchers)||BETTER(Not compatible with Deep Color mode)||BEST|
|Data processor||10 bit, 175 Mhz||11 bit, 200 Mhz||11 bit, 225 Mhz|
|Pixel clock bandwidth||165 Mhz||165 Mhz||225 Mhz|
|Maximum Resolution supported||1080p/60||1080p/60||1080p/72|
|Number of Inputs||One||One||Two|
|Input Type||DVI-D||HDMI 1.1/1.2||HDMI 1.3 with Deep ColorTM support|
|Output Type||RGBHV only||Component or RGBHV(user selectable)||Component or RGBHV(user selectable)|
|Long output cable support||NO||YES(25-35′ cable)||YES!(40-50′ cable)|
|User adjustable sync in RGB output mode||NOThe H/V output sync matches the input sync||NOThe H/V output sync matches the input sync||YES!The H/V output sync may be forced positive or negative|
|User selectable m|