|Category||» Sony® PS/PS2 / Mods & dev. tools|
The Modbo v4.0 is the latest chip from the guys at Modbo.com. The Modbo v4.0 is compatible with v5 to v16 and it is also compatible with the newly released SCPH-7700x & 7900x consoles.
The Modbo v4.0 PS2 Mod Chip is the latest chip from the guys at Modbo (2010). The ModBo 4 is considered one of the most universally compatible PS2 Mod Chips on the market today.
Mod Chip users rave about its better compatibility with DVD 9 games, the Modbo 4.0 runs dual layer much better then older models. Modbo 4.0 comes on a differently layed out pcb to earlier model Modbo chips for a slightly neater install. It also have the ability to turn your PS2 into a totally DVD Region Free Player, as well as removes Macrovision protection from DVD Movies so that you can record your DVD movies to VHS tapes directly from your PS2 DVD Drive. Excellent chip for end users as well as installers.
No more guessing which model PS2 you have, because this ps2 mod chip will just do it all!
* Fully compatible with ps2 v1-v18 PAL / USA / Jap
* Upgraded from modbo3.0, comes with original 100% v1.88 firmware, but it isnt upgradeable
* Comes with mini size board and the wiring point order is good for installation
* Automatic selection for PS2/PS1/DVD supports
* DVD region free incorporated
* Software selectable "PS2 Quick Load" option. (to skip PS2 logo and Quick boot PS2 games)
* Software selectable "PSX Quick Load" option (to skip PS1 logo and Quick boot PSX games)
* Easy to install (only 18 wires for V1-V8 and 20 wires for V9, V10, V11, V12, V13 - V18)
* CPLD chip (3.3V power supply) based IC for enhanced stability
* Automatic "MACROVISION=OFF" on all PS2 from V3 to V18 without additional wires
* Automatic "green fix" (no more need to change the cable to see your DVD movies on the PS2)
* Imports games fix (all PSX import games are played at full screen and full color
* Stealth-mode (the modchip can be switched off and becomes invisible to online gaming)
* Sleep-mode (the modchip will switch off itself after boot)
* Supports DVD-9 games
* Plays all CDs and DVDs games (both, import or backups)
* Supports multi-disk games
* Supports anti-mod PS1 games (only for V9 - V18 PS2)
* Very reliable (all the Modchips are 100% tested before delivery)
* Very stable (thanks to sleep mode the IC will never overheat)
* CD lens safe (avoid CD lens damage by sending un-necessary signal to drive controller)
* Supports DEV1 and DEV2 for memory card booting
Full 512 Kb Flash Memory on board (Flashable with our future updates and software releases)
Compatible with Playstation 2 USA/PAL/Japanese V5, V6, V7, V8, V9, V10,V11,V12, V13,V14,V15,V16.
Not compatible with new PS2 90004.
Its PCB layout is a perfect “L” shape which makes install a breeze. We believe this chip is a great solution for those looking for a compact and feature packed chip without the high price tag. We also want to explain to customers that there are two producers of the Modbo range of chips, first are the guys at Modbo.com who produced the Modbo 3.0 & Modbo 4.0. Second are the guys over at Modbo2.com who produced the Modbo v2.1 & Modbo 745.
A major difference we found between Modbo 4 and Modbo 745 is the Modbo 4.0 does work from v5 to v16 as advertised, but the Modbo 745 has trouble working in consoles under v9.
Another bonus with the Modbo 4.0 is its now running the Matrix Infinity firmware v1.91 and is also possible to upgrade the firmware at a later date without any problems. If that wasn’t enough, they have now managed to get the firmware’s config menu and all its options to work and save. You can now go into the config menu and setup the Modbo 4 the way you want it, this is extremely handy for a lot of reasons.
The Modbo 4.0 also uses a clock point, some of our customers have found that chips using a clock point “CX” are generally more stable then the same type of chip not using a clock point.
The Modbo 4.0 is a clone of the original Matrix Infinity range of PS2 mod chips. One of the major improvements Modbo 4 has over other Matrix clones is its better compatibility with DVD 9 and runs dual layer much better then older models.
Modbo 4.0 comes on a differently laid out pcb to earlier model Modbo chips, allowing for a slightly neater install. There are a few clones of the Matrix Infinity floating around, Modbo , AppleEx , Matrix Infinity SE and some more. The good thing about these chips is you are getting most of the functions of the original Matrix Infinity at the fraction of the cost. The Modbo 4 also has auto media detection for direct booting and All Region DVD Support.
Diode fix is recomended for the PSTwo Slimline v12 and V9, V13 (SCPH50002, SCPH 7000X).